Water Housing for Canon 100D Rebel SL1 Kiss X7 Product Overview
Our C2050 Water Housing for Canon 100D Rebel SL1 Kiss X7 is sold as a ready to use kit ; just add your camera, lens, and you’re ready to start creating images in and around the water.
The C2050 kit includes
- an extremely durable, impact resistant polyurethane resin water housing
- an acrylic back plate with access to your DSLR’s essential controls
- a pistol grip equipped with our proprietary dual-stage autofocus trigger which allows precise control of your lens focus
- an interchangeable port (Our C2050 Water Housing for Canon 100D Rebel SL1 Kiss X7 uses our M Mount Port Series)
- a rugged left side hand grip, a camera tray
- an auxiliary front shutter button (on the advanced version only) and our ultra-smooth zoom control*
This is a complete water ready system; all you add is the camera and lens and you are equipped to go.
Our Liquid Eye Model C2050 Water Housing for Canon 100D Rebel SL1 Kiss X7 is compatible with 6 others different camera bodies. All that is needed to switch from one to another is to switch the camera tray, the back plate (for Advanced Models only), the camera plug (if the two cameras use different plugs) and the Shutter Extender (for Advanced Models only).
This complete housing system is affordably priced. When choosing the “advanced” back plate you will automatically be eligible for worldwide free shipping !
* Zoom lenses require a gear sleeve to engage the water housings zoom control. These are subject to additional cost.
- Housing made from High-strength, Durable Polyurethane Resin
- Acrylic Back Plate (12mm / 1/2″ thick)
- Pistol Grip is Dual Stage AF/Shutter (allows for both focusing and firing using one button) with Wrist Leash
- Port is Interchangeable M Mount Port System for the Canon Lens Series
- Removable Left Side Hand Grip is Ergonomic and Strong
- Stainless Steel Controls are Ergonomic Marine Grade Stainless
- Lens Zoom Control Ready
- Camera Tray System is Interchangeable
- Auxiliary Front Shutter Control Button
Size and Weight
- Width: 165mm (6.5”)
- Height: 150mm (5.9”)
- Depth: 110mm (4.25”)
- Weight: 1350g (2.9lbs.) Housing with Back Plate, PG5 Pistol Grip, L-Side Grip and M-LP-65 Port.
- Polyurethane Body, Ports, Side Grip, Base Plate and Tray.
- Acrylic Back Plate.
- Stainless Steel and Durable Composite Controls.
- Polyester Resin and Fiberglass Pistol Grip.
On the housing
- Front shutter button
- Zoom control
On the Standard back plate
- Plain back plate with no controls
- Soft Ergonomic Rubber Eye Cup
On the Advanced back plate
- Video On/Off Toggle
- Multi-Controller 1-Way
- Set/Q mode
- Soft Ergonomic Rubber Eye Cup
What’s in the Box of the Water housing for Canon 100D Rebel SL1 Kiss X7 ?
- C2050 Water Housing with Front Shutter, Zoom Control and Electronic Cabling.
- Camera Base Plate and Tray.
- Back Plate with Controls.
- PG5 Dual Stage AF Pistol Grip with Wrist Leash.
- Left side Grip.
- M-LP-65 Port with Rubber Foam Cover (or credit towards the port of your choice).
- Tool kit – 3 Hex Keys (1.5mm, 2mm, 4mm), Spare Camera Plug and ILS Switch, 2 Spare 5×16 SS Hex screws, 2 spare 5x12mm SS Flat Head Machine Screws, Packet of Marine Grease.
Recommended Accessories View All>
Photographs are not to scale and do not represent the exact relative sizes of the respective products.
About the Canon 100D Rebel SL1 Kiss X7
Canon EOS 100D is designed for those who are attracted to the compact dimensions of a mirror-less camera model but would like to take advantage of having an optical viewfinder. With a dimension of 116.8mm x 90.7mm x 69.4mm and a weight of 407g, the Canon EOS 100D Rebel SL1 Kiss X7 is both lightweight and compact.
Inside, it comes with a 2nd generation Hybrid 18-Mpix CMOS sensor.
Body & Design
Notwithstanding the physical size, the design of the Canon EOS 100D Rebel SL1 Kiss X7 is familiar to anyone who is a fan of the entry-level Canon SLRs in the last few years. Featuring a polycarbonate and aluminum resin body construction, the camera feels very solid when you hold it in your hands.
The camera’s textured handgrip is deep enough to allow a firm grip of the camera, while there is also a familiar contoured thumb pad at the right side of the camera. All those key shooting controls that you would expect from an entry level Rebel series are present in this camera, such as the focus point selection, as well as an exposure lock.
There’s also a dedicated ISO, depth-of-field preview buttons and exposure compensation. The camera’s SET option and Q menu shares a button and surrounded with a 4-way controller.
The camera’s directional keys do not have any functions assigned to them. Instead, what they have are secondary options that can be assessed through an on-screen Q panel.
Operation & Controls
At the top of the Canon EOS 100D Rebel SL1 all controls are placed at the camera’s right side. Just behind the shutter button is the camera’s main control dial and is used directly when changing the primary exposure setting, such as program shift, aperture, and shutter speed.
There’s also an ISO button that’s placed extremely well for ease of operation while the camera is in your eye. You simply have to press the camera and spin the dial in order to change the value, which is displayed at the optical viewfinder.
The camera’s main power switch surrounds the model dial. The mode dial is similar to the Rebel SL1, however the SCN icon covers up to six modes instead of the usual three. The camera’s dial is capable of rotating up to 360 degrees with no hard stop, which is a welcome feature that we have seen earlier from the EOS 6D model of Canon.
Touchscreen and Hybrid AF
The Canon EOS 100D uses the same capacitative-type multi-touch screen similar that was first seen on the Canon EOS 650D.
This means that the multi-touch screen works in the same way as the modern smartphones, except that it is highly responsive and has a more intuitive interface.
Just like with other touchscreen cameras, it’s possible to set a desired focus point for this camera by simply touching its screen. Just like the EOS M, you can simply adjust the touchscreen’s sensitivity, which, as per Cannon, can make it functional even if you’re wearing thin gloves.
The touchscreen interface of the Canon EOS 100D is the same with the EOS 650D as well as the EOS M. However, unlike the 650D, the screen of this camera is fixed and not articulated.
The camera’s capacitive touch screen and fast processing feature means that the camera interface is very responsive. Pressing the camera’s center Q button at the back of the camera can bring up the camera’s touch-sensitive quick menu.
Just like with the previous Canon models, you do not need to use the touchscreen of the camera if you do not want to. You can simply navigate around the Q screen with the use of a 4-way controller and then change the selected setting by simply spinning the camera’s main dial. The Q menu’s range of available options is not entirely comprehensive, however, in PASM mode, it could very well quickly adjust to almost all of the settings that you wanted.
Clearly, the Canon EOS 100D Rebel SL1 Kiss X7 is built to provide an alternative to the mirror-less camera, including Canon’s very own EOS M, while also maintaining compatibility with the EF-S and EF lenses. Unlike the earlier attempts made on video autofocus and live view, the SL1 performs extremely well in tracking and focusing, all thanks to its new Hybrid AF II system.