Water Housing for Canon 1100D Rebel T3 Kiss X50 Product Overview
Our C2050 Water Housing for Canon 1100D Rebel T3 Kiss X50 is sold as a ready to use kit ; just add your camera, lens, and you’re ready to start creating images in and around the water.
The C2050 kit includes
- an extremely durable, impact resistant polyurethane resin water housing
- an acrylic back plate with access to your DSLR’s essential controls
- a pistol grip equipped with our proprietary dual-stage autofocus trigger which allows precise control of your lens focus
- an interchangeable port (Our C2050 Water Housing for Canon 1100D Rebel T3 Kiss X50 uses our M Mount Port Series)
- a rugged left side hand grip, a camera tray
- an auxiliary front shutter button (on the advanced version only) and our ultra-smooth zoom control*
This is a complete water ready system; all you add is the camera and lens and you are equipped to go.
Our Liquid Eye Model C2050 Water Housing for Canon 1100D Rebel T3 Kiss X50 is compatible with 6 others different camera bodies. All that is needed to switch from one to another is to switch the camera tray, the back plate (for Advanced Models only), the camera plug (if the two cameras use different plugs) and the Shutter Extender (for Advanced Models only).
This complete housing system is affordably priced. When choosing the “advanced” back plate you will automatically be eligible for worldwide free shipping !
* Zoom lenses require a gear sleeve to engage the water housings zoom control. These are subject to additional cost.
- Housing made from High-strength, Durable Polyurethane
- Acrylic Back Plate (12mm / 1/2″ thick)
- Pistol Grip is Dual Stage AF/Shutter (allows for both focusing and firing using one button) with Wrist Leash
- Port is Interchangeable M Mount Port System for the Canon Lens Series
- Removable Left Side Hand Grip is Ergonomic and Strong
- Stainless Steel Controls are Ergonomic Marine Grade Stainless
- Lens Zoom Control Ready
- Camera Tray System is Interchangeable
- Auxiliary Front Shutter Control Button
Size and Weight
- Width: 165mm (6.5”)
- Height: 150mm (5.9”)
- Depth: 110mm (4.25”)
- Weight: 1350g (2.9lbs.) Housing with Back Plate, PG5 Pistol Grip, L-Side Grip and M-LP-65 Port.
- Polyurethane Body, Ports, Side Grip, Base Plate and Tray.
- Acrylic Back Plate.
- Stainless Steel and Durable Composite Controls.
- Polyester Resin and Fiberglass Pistol Grip.
On the housing
- Front shutter button
- Zoom control
On the Standard back plate
- Plain back plate with no controls
On the Advanced back plate
- Quick Control (Q Menu)
- Multi-Controller 1-Way
- Live View Shooting Movie
- Soft Ergonomic Rubber Eye Cup
What’s in the Box of the Water Housing for Canon 1100D Rebel T3 Kiss X50 ?
- C2050 Water Housing with Front Shutter, Zoom Control and Electronic Cabling.
- Camera Base Plate and Tray.
- Back Plate with Controls.
- PG5 Dual Stage AF Pistol Grip with Wrist Leash.
- Left side Grip.
- M-LP-65 Port with Rubber Foam Cover (or credit towards the port of your choice).
- Tool kit – 3 Hex Keys (1.5mm, 2mm, 4mm), Spare Camera Plug and ILS Switch, 2 Spare 5×16 SS Hex screws, 2 spare 5x12mm SS Flat Head Machine Screws, Packet of Marine Grease.
Recommended Accessories View All>
Photographs are not to scale and do not represent the exact relative sizes of the respective products.
About the Canon EOS 1100D Rebel T3 Kiss X50
The Canon 1100D or Rebel T3 or Kiss X50 is a budget model of Canon and features a comparatively simple design specifications.
This camera is filled with all the important stuff, needed to capture high quality images. The user interface and the various components of the camera are refinements that were tried and tested from the previous models of Canon SLRs, and thus, they are almost free from any unpleasant surprises. In terms of design and specification, the Canon 1100D is a typical entry level DSLR that does not offer anything that is out of the ordinary, although it does an excellent job when it comes to doing what it is supposed to do – capture photos with only minimum requirement for user intervention.
The Canon 1100D is the second in line of Canon’s budget camera series, ideal for budget conscious entry level photographers. The camera is aimed more at first time users of DSLRs. Featuring solid specifications and user-friendly interface, new photographers will surely love everything in this camera. It features solid specification based on Canon’s well-known technologies and offer plenty of opportunities without the risk of outshining the more expensive SLR cameras of Canon. It offers a 12 Megapixel sensor, as well as a 9-point Auto Focus system that is tricked down from the higher end cameras of Canon.
The 1100D also comes with a 720p movie recording facility at 25 or 30 fps, which makes use of efficient H.264 compression technology. Moreover, the camera has a smaller viewfinder and a relatively easy to use simple rear view screen. The screen features a 2.7-inch LCD with 230,000 dots. It has the entire key features of a DSLR intended for new users. Available in both the stabilized and un-stabilized versions of the kit lens, it’s definitely worth paying extra for the stabilized version.
Ease of Use
The Canon EOS 1100D is small and lightweight. It’s fitted in an all-plastic shell that weighs just less than 500 grams and a memory card and battery that measures 129.9 x 99.7 x 77.9 mm. When it comes to the build, Canon 1100D is more than solid enough for an entry level SLR. It is on par with the more expensive Canon 600D. Just like with all of Canon’s digital SLR cameras, the Canon 1100D is well compatible with the entire line up of Canon lenses, including EF-S and EF lenses. When changing the lens, the EF lenses must be aligned with a red dot found on the lens mount. On the other hand, the EF-S lenses should be aligned with the white mark.
The control layout of Canon 1100D is almost similar to that of the 600D with only a few changes, which for the most part makes more sense for the new users. Almost all of the important camera controls are situated at the right hand portion of the rear unlike with other cameras that are liberally scattered all throughout the body. This placement allows for an easy shift from compact to DSLR.
Because of the extra room and the smaller LCD screen, the buttons of the 1100D are also slightly larger as compared to the 600D. Moreover, all buttons are labeled clearly for ease of use.
Top Mounted Shooting Mode
The Canon 1100D’s top-mounted shooting mode dial features a multitude of icons and letters. The Creative Zone features a programmed auto, shutter priority and aperture priority modes. It also comes with DEP modes and Manual modes. DEP stands for Depth of Field, and for this mode, the camera will choose an f-stop that will allow all of the subjects covered by the Auto Focus points to be rendered sharply and will automatically calculate all of the necessary speed of the shutter.
Regular Full Auto Mode
The Canon 1100D also comes equipped with the regular Full Auto Mode instead of the fully automatic Scene Intelligent Mode, which is found on the 600D. It also comes with the Creative Auto Mode, allowing you to change some key settings through the LCD screen via a slider system. Creative Auto has also been extended in this camera with the introduction of the Basic +.