Water Housing for Canon 5D Mk III Product Overview
Our C2100 Water housing for Canon 5D Mk III is sold as a ready to use kit. Just add your camera, lens, and you’re ready to start creating images in and around the water.
The C2100 kit includes:
- an extremely durable, impact resistant polyurethane resin water housing,
- an acrylic back plate with access to your DSLR’s essential controls,
- a pistol grip equipped with our proprietary dual-stage autofocus trigger which allows precise control of your lens focus,
- an interchangeable port (our Water Housing for Canon 5D Mk III uses our L Mount Port Series),
- a rugged left side hand grip, a camera tray, an auxiliary front shutter button (on the advanced version only)
- and our ultra-smooth zoom control*
This is a complete water ready system; all you add is the camera and lens and you are equipped to go.
Our Liquid Eye Model C2100 Water housing for Canon 5D Mk III is compatible with over 20 different other camera bodies. All that is needed to switch from one to another is to switch the camera tray, the back plate (for Advanced Models only), the camera plug (if the two cameras use different plugs) and the Shutter Extender (for Advanced Models only).
This complete housing system is affordably priced with no hidden fees – your price already includes handling and shipping.
* Zoom lenses require a gear sleeve to engage the water housings zoom control. These are subject to additional cost.
- Housing made from High-strength, Durable Polyurethane Resin
- Acrylic Back Plate (12mm / 1/2″ thick)
- Pistol Grip is Dual Stage AF/Shutter (allows for both focusing and firing using one button) with Wrist Leash
- Port is Interchangeable L Mount Port System for the Canon Lens Series
- Removable Left Side Hand Grip is Ergonomic and Strong
- Stainless Steel Controls are Ergonomic Marine Grade Stainless
- Lens Zoom Control Ready
- Camera Tray System is Interchangeable
- Auxiliary Front Shutter Control Button
Size and Weight
- Width: 200mm (7.75”)
- Height: 180mm (7”)
- Depth: 110mm (4.25”)
- Weight: 1700g (3.7lbs.) Housing with Back Plate, PG5 Pistol Grip, L-Side Grip and L-LP-65 Port
- High Strength Polyurethane Resin Body, Ports, Side Grip, Camera Tray and Base Plate
- Acrylic Back Plate
- Marine Grade Stainless Steel and Durable Composite Controls
- Polyester Resin and Fiberglass Pistol Grip
- 10 meters (33 ft.)
On the housing
- Front Shutter Button (not included on the standard model)
- Zoom Control
On the Standard Back Plate
- No Controls on the Acrylic Back Plate
- Soft Ergonomic Rubber Eye Cup
On the Advanced Back Plate
- AF Point Selection
- AF On
- Quick Control (Q Menu)
- Multi-Controller 1-Way
- Zoom In
- Rear Quick Control Dial
- Live View Shooting Movie Combo Switch with Start/Stop Button
- Soft Ergonomic Rubber Eye Cup
What’s in the Box of the Water housing for Canon 5D Mk III ?
- C2100 Water Housing with Front Shutter, Zoom Control and Electronic Cabling
- Camera Tray and Base Plate
- Acrylic Back Plate with Controls
- PG5 Dual Stage AF Pistol Grip with Wrist Leash.
- Left Side Hand Grip
- L-LP-65 Port with Rubber Foam Cover (or credit towards the port of your choice)
- Tool kit – 3 Hex Keys (1.5mm, 2mm, 4mm), Spare Camera Plug and ILS Switch, 2 Spare 5×16 SS Hex screws, 2 spare 5x12mm SS Flat Head Machine Screws, Packet of Marine Grease.
Recommended Accessories View All>
Photographs are not to scale and do not represent the exact relative sizes of the respective products.
About the Canon EOS 5DMkIII
In 2012 Canon launched the 5D Mark III, which was a huge refinement of the features, offered by the Mark II. Action and water sports photographers saw a big boost in the autofocus performance, an increase in the motor drive frame rate, and a dramatic increase in the ISO range for low level shooting.
The Canon 5D Mark III features 22.3 megapixel full-frame Canon CMOS sensor. With this advancement owners are in a treat for rich images with resolutions of up to 5760 x 3840 pixels. To increase visual depth and to capture cleaner and smoother images, Canon has incorporated a sensor that features high signal to noise ratio and better pixels. The sensitivity of the sensor is enhanced further by the addition of a better photoelectric conversion rate and a new photodiode structure. All of these modifications result to high ISO performance and lesser image noise.
DIGIC 5+ Image Processor
To improve the shooting rate of the 5D Mark III, Canon released the DIGIC 5+ Image Processor. Speed and power are the signature features of this machine as it can continuously shoot at 6 full-resolution fps.
Water sports photographers rejoiced with the newly revamped autofocus feature of Canon. With the 5D Mark III 61-Point High Density Reticular AF is introduced for more accurate focusing with fast moving subjects (like surfers!).
This gadget has extremely low-light sensitivity and is highly accurate. To further bolster its AF feature, Canon has added an AF menu tab, which allows quick and easy access to the AF settings.
Working together with the autofocus system of the Mark III, Canon packed this model with an intelligent metering system. With the two functionalities the processor can easily analyze luminance, color and focus to provide precise exposure settings.
An increase in the ISO range is also included on the Mark III. In standard mode, the ISO range is increased up to 25600 while you can increase it up to 102400 in expanded mode. In addition to employing auto ISO mode, users can also control this functionality manually through the user’s preferences menu.
The full HD video recording capacity of this gadget is supported in various formats, including 480/30p, 25p; 720/60p, 50p and 1080/30p, 24p, 25p. It is capable of shooting a continuous video of up to 29 minutes. For higher quality output, users can also manually adjust the exposure settings and as well as the audio levels while the camera is still recording.
With the Live View option, photographers can view their output on the LCD all the while making settings changes. Because of its powerful processor, video response times have also dramatically improved. With all of these advancements, surf cinematographers can create beautiful films from land or sea.
3.2” LCD Monitor
To easily view the captured video or image, the device comes with an expanded 3.2” Clear View II LCD that has anti-reflection coating. Even in the brightest conditions, users can still view their output with great clarity and richness.
The 5D Mark III also features quick access to the most important camera settings via the Q mode – an essential feature for water photographers to make adjustments while the camera is in the water housing. This makes it easier for users to manipulate the device without having to remove it from its casing.
Silent Shutter Mode
An additional feature of this model is the Silent Shutter Mode, which allows photographers to significantly reduce the sound their device makes while shooting. This mode is available for both single shot and continuous shot drive.
The Mark III is both wireless and GPS compatible. Among its optional accessories are the WFT-E7A Wireless File Transmitter and the GP-E2 GPS Receiver. Adding these accessories will allow users to send and transfer their files via Bluetooth and LAN.
The Battery Grip BG-E11 is another optional accessory that will allow owners to seamless perform and use their camera regardless of its current orientation.
For water photographers interested in a great option for a full-frame DSLR, the Canon 5D Mark III can be bought for $2,300 or less and is compatible with the current Liquid Eye water housing systems.